Upwell Playing Field Committee

The committee meets for an evening every month to discuss issues regarding the playing field and to plan our events. You can read our minutes of our latest meeting here:

UPWELL PLAYING FIELD COMMITTEE

New Road, Upwell, WISBECH CAMBS PE14 9AB

Tele: 01945 773604

Email: upfc@talktalk.net

Minutes of meeting held at St Peter’s Road, Upwell, 13th October 2020

PRESENT: Christine Aston, Mark Elliott, Ros. Shorting, Liz Thorpe, Steph Thorpe, John Spikings, Pat Moat and Nigel Carter.

APOLOGIES: Pip Read.

Minutes of previous meeting held 8th September: approved and signed.

Minutes of Extraordinary Meeting held at 29th September: to be amended Point 3 and Point 8.

MAR: MLC – NC had spoken with Chris Convine regarding land drain into dyke – extra payment not required. Await confirmation letter from MLC for Blunt Trust. If there is a future problem, MLC will not do anything.

TREASURER’S REPORT: Paid for installation of Gym equipment £3,120, annual play equipment check £120 to be paid for. Invoices for carpark rental ready to go out with reduced fees due to COVID 19 total £1,892 (normal fees £2,938, LESS £70 rink fee for Bowls Club, as agreed at June meeting).

MAINTENANCE: As mentioned above, FLP carried out annual inspection, 2nd inspection by PLAYMAINTAIN LTD carried out 6th October and will be forwarding a report and quote for repairs. Carpark – vehicle from river off loaded onto gravel leaving residue of oil, mud – awaiting clearance by owner. RS suggested a Saturday morning tidy up – as CS not allowed out again - particularly behind War Memorial if Remembrance Service goes ahead as the area may be required for the public – for social distancing, access by Stonehouse Road. Area needs to be raked and strimmed or mown. Dyke needs clearing out of twigs, leaves etc., no water. All to be placed under hedge to rot down. Rakes, Wellie boots, wheelbarrow required. 31st October 10am – or earlier?

FUTURE EVENTS: Virtual dog show – 44 entries at present - closes Saturday 8pm. Virtual Heavy Horse show 2nd part to be sorted by PR. LT suggested Colouring competition – during half-term holiday – Halloween theme. Sue Richardson to judge. Xmas Raffle – PM distributed books after meeting. Seasonal Prizes required. Xmas Scarecrow competition – JS will sponsor prize £20 - £3 entry, to run 1st – 20th December? - further details later.

GOVERNING DOCUMENTS: CA – need to amend constitution. We are in breach of our Constitution dated May 2013; without officers, we only have 5 members whereas constitution states 6 . RS to speak to two ladies. RS mentioned that the original conveyance lists 20 organisations within the village, but only 9 now exist, one original representative alive.

Date of next meeting 10th November 2020.

 

Signed: ……………………………………………Date: ……………………………………….

 THE

COMMITTEE 

Christine Aston – Chair

Mark Elliott – Vice Chair

Ros Shorting – Secretary

John Spikings – Treasurer

 

Other current members of the committee are:

Christine Bidwell

Nigel Carter (representing Upwell Bowls Club)

Liz Ferris

Pat Moat

Pip Read

Liz Thorpe

Steph Thorpe

  • Facebook - White Circle

We are always looking for new members to join the committee or to help at our events. Please help our community by getting involved.

 

You can contact the committee by 

Email
Online
Call

01945 773604.

Upwell Playing Field 

 

Email: UPFC@talktalk.net

Phone: 01945 773604

Registered Charity: 300425

Quick Links 

 

Home

Committee

Events

Using the Field

Sports Pavilion

Car Boot

Pony Show

Party in the Park

Contact

Upwell Playing Field. Proudly created with Wix.comTerms of Use  |   Privacy Policy

This site was designed with the
.com
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now